Welcome to Ricochet Babe

My blog is really a smorgasbord of my life experiences, what I am experiencing at the moment, or what I dream to experience! Enjoy.


Wednesday, December 29, 2010

No Carbs for Cabo..

This is the second day that I have been on the infamous Atkins Diet. I started immediately once I found out my Christmas present from my mother in law.  The annual trip to Los Cabos for me and my honey.. spoiled brats, I know.  And it isn't the first all-expense paid trip to Mexico she has given us, it is the third in the 4 years him and I have been together. Roll your eyes if you want, but I know you all wish to have in laws like mine!

On a more serious note, who wants to get into their bikini in the dead of winter with those pesky extra pounds glommed on to you? Not to mention all those vacation photos forever floating around. Ready to pop up and show all your friends and relatives that you didn't have your bikini body in Cabo. A reminder of an amazing life time experience, with a less than amazing physique. A physique we could all forget easily..

Well I don't want to go down like that, not me, not this year. Hence, the Atkins Diet- a promise to lose 15 pounds in a month.

The Atkins actually is not as hard as I thought it was, especially when you get to a point where your clothes don't fit. Like I almost have.

A little starvation outweighs a closet full of "too smalls." With the Atkins you can eat everything you normally would (if you normally eat an unusual amount of vegetables) minus anything white.  The hardest part for me is for the first 2 weeks there is no fruit allowed.. coming from a girl who would eat fruit for almost the first half of the whole day, every day~ it has taken a little getting use to. I need motivation. Constant reminders of my goals.

If I start to feel hungry, I pull some photos up from previous years... of the white sand beaches, the lawn chairs, the infinity pools, the warm sun tanning our skin....  It is a reminder that hunger pains don't hurt as much as low self esteem.. Take every day one at a time, aware that time is the only thing that can put me closer to my goal! Time and my personal will power. Stay Focused Ricochet Babe, I can do it and so can you! Now, for another cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment